First, I attached a picture of where all the wires go from that connector. Next, are any of these codes active?
- Ignition Coil 1 Control Circuit
- Ignition Coil 2 Control Circuit
- Ignition Coil 3 Control Circuit
- Ignition Coil 4 Control Circuit
Here are the directions for testing at the plug:
Note: Set the DMM to the DC Hertz scale for this test. DMM = Digital Multi Meter
5. Connect a DMM between the appropriate ignition control circuit listed below and ground.
* Ignition coil 1 control terminal D
* Ignition coil 2 control terminal E
* Ignition coil 3 control terminal F
* Ignition coil 4 control terminal G
6. Engine cranking, test for greater than 1.5 hertz between the appropriate ignition control circuit and ground.
If less than the specified range, test the ignition control circuit for a short to voltage, short to ground, or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
7. If all circuits test normal, test or replace the ignition coil.
Let me know if that helps.
Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 AT 2:47 PM