Brake caliper and rotor removal instructions needed

CANDACEISBIZARRE
  • 2007 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER
I need help with the car listed above that someone said I could have some parts off of to take off and put on my 2006 pt cruiser. But I need to know how to take the front brake calipers and rotors off of the 2007 one and I also need to know what all tools I need to take them off with? And also what all tools and sizes I will need to take off the radiator too? Also do you know why. My power steering reservoir would have fluid all over the outside of the reservoir for?
Friday, June 28th, 2019 AT 10:51 PM

Welcome to 2CarPros.

Here are the directions for calipers. Remember to make sure they are the correct ones you are getting. As far as the other questions, I need them each on a separate thread. We are trying to keep the threads to one specific topic so it is more helpful to others. I hope you understand.

First, here is a link that explains in general how it's done. It makes things easier to understand. After the link are the directions for the 2007.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/brake-caliper-replacement
____________________

2007 Chrysler Truck PT Cruiser L4-2.4L VIN B
Removal
Vehicle Brakes and Traction Control Hydraulic System Brake Caliper Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Bracket- Front Brake Caliper Adapter Removal
REMOVAL
REMOVAL

NOTE: Refer to Warnings and Cautions

1. Raise and support the vehicle.

pic 1

2. Remove the wheel mounting nuts (3), then the tire and wheel assembly.

pic 2

3. Remove the two brake caliper guide pin bolts (4).
4. Remove the brake caliper from the adapter. Hang the caliper out of the way using wire or a bungee cord. Use care not to overextend the brake hose (1) when doing this.

pic 3

5. Remove the brake pads (2, 3) from the brake caliper adapter (4).
6. Remove the abutment shims (5) from the adapter (4).

pic 4

7. Remove the two bolts (2) securing the disc brake caliper adapter to the steering knuckle.
8. Remove the disc brake caliper adapter.

__________________________

Installation
Vehicle Brakes and Traction Control Hydraulic System Brake Caliper Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Bracket- Front Brake Caliper Adapter Installation
INSTALLATION
INSTALLATION

CAUTION: When installing new brake components, be sure to use correct parts. Parts designed for BR4 Performance Brake System must not be mixed with other brake systems. These parts, similar in appearance, can be easily identified.

pic 5

1. Install the disc brake caliper adapter on the steering knuckle.
2. Install the two bolts (2) securing the disc brake caliper adapter to the steering knuckle. Tighten the bolts to 104 Nm (77 ft. lbs.).

pic 6

3. Attach the two abutment shims (5) to the adapter (4) fitting the contour of each shim to the adapter's contour.
4. Place the inboard (2) and outboard (3) brake pads into the abutment shims clipped into the disc brake caliper adapter as shown. The pad with the wear indicator attached is the inboard.

pic 7

CAUTION: Use care when installing the caliper onto the disc brake adapter to avoid damaging the boots on the caliper guide pins.

5. Install the disc brake caliper over the brake pads on the brake caliper adapter. Make sure the springs on the pads do not get caught in the hole formed into the center of the caliper housing.
6. Align the caliper guide pin bolt holes with the guide pins. Install the caliper guide pin bolts (4). Tighten the bolts to 35 Nm (26 ft. lbs.).

pic 8

7. Install the tire and wheel assembly (1). Install and tighten the wheel mounting nuts (3) to 135 Nm (100 ft. lbs.).
8. Lower the vehicle.
9. Road test the vehicle and make several stops to wear off any foreign material on the brakes and to seat the brake pads.

_______________________________

I hope this helps. I will watch for your other questions.

Take care,
Saturday, June 29th, 2019 AT 7:58 PM