1999 Hyundai Tiburon

STEEL
  • 1999 HYUNDAI TIBURON
A few months ago, the car started shaking out of no where, and the check engine light came on. I noticed the coolant was low, and the engine oil seemed fuller than usual, so I thought it may be the head gasket (but there were no other symptems). I broght the car in, and was told it was just in need of a tune-up, and there was no leak. They topped of my fuilds, changed the oil, and it was fine since then. Now, the coolant is low again, but I can't find a leak. There is no coolant in the engine, on the floor, etc. Do you have any idea where the coolant could be going?
Tuesday, January 20th, 2009 AT 9:55 AM

ZACKMAN
I have seen a few times where one of the smaller heater hoses behind/underneath the intake manifold develops a leak, and it is only leaking at high rpm (aka while driving due to higher pressure), and it will stop leaking when the vehicle is at idle.

The best way is to bring the vehicle in and have your technician perform a compression or a leak-down test, to check when the leak is going.
Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 1:28 AM