CATALYTIC CONVERTER

Hyundai

toddrowwilson

May, 29, 2007 AT 4:16 PM

I took my car into an AAMCO repair shop to find out why my car has been giving me problems. The shop says it is the catalytic converter (1 of 3 or worse) that I have and that they will need to go in, find out which one it is and fix it for an outrageous cost.

My car lost a lot of power. Exhaust doesn't come out the tailpipe anymore and it won't reach a speed higher than 30mph. I've heard of people being misled to believe it's one thing or another and it being an easy and cheap fix afterall. Please, I could use your help!

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
4WD 2.7L Engine 6-Cylinder
875,000 miles

Thanks, Todd

turbotuff20g

May, 29, 2007 AT 4:50 PM

LOL 875, 00 miles wow, how many miles are really on the car, the catalytic converters are federally covered under your warranty till 80,000 miles, if your past that then yes they are alittle pricey, usually u can get away with just replacing the manifold catalytic converter and just clean debris out of 3rd converter. Just make sure vehicle is not misfiring at all because misfires are what usually destroy these converters on these vehicles. The misfire would be a total different problem.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen