2004 Other Hyundai Models 2 questions

Tiny
CASMITHRNER
  • MEMBER
  • 2004 HYUNDAI
  • 6 CYL
  • FWD
  • AUTOMATIC
  • 60,000 MILES
I HAD LEFT THE CD PLAYER ON WITH THE ENGINE OFF FOR SEVERAL HOURS AND THE MECHANIC SAID THE BATTERY WAS WEAK BUT THE ALTERNATOR WAS OK AND REPLACED THE BATTERY. IS THIS CORRECT OR IS THER ENOTHER EXPLAINATION FOR THE DEAD BATTERY AND THE 2ND QUESTION IS DOES THIS MAKE AND MODEL OF VEHICLE HAVE STRONG EXHAUST FUMES OR CARBON MONOXIDE LEVELS IF LEFT ON IN A GARAGE FOR 2 -3 HOURS DOES IT PRODUCE "SMOKE"
Do you
have the same problem?
Yes
No
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 AT 1:15 PM

1 Reply

Tiny
2CARPROS MIKE
  • MEMBER
Do not leave any car running in a garage for any length of time. Carbon monoxide is a danderous, colorless, odorless gas that does not appear as smoke but it is still present.

Depending on how old your battery was, it may have been too weak to hold a charge and needed to be replaced.
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Thursday, September 25th, 2008 AT 4:23 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Sponsored links