• kdcamp
  • 2003 Hyundai

I am hearing a rattling/cluncking noise coming from the right front of the car. If I am driving on smooth pavement, it isn't bad. If I hit bumps in the road it makes a loud noise and the noise kind of vibrates afterwards. I thought it might be a loose headlight or foglight. I checked and that doesn't seem to be the problem.
It is a 2003 Tiburon, with 89000 miles, automatic transmission, no leaks, no history of repairs. I did hit a dog two years ago that did minor body damage, could this be deteriorating and causing the noise. I thought about shocks, transmission, although it stills drives good, no check engines lights are on, oil change is up to date. It is just the noise that is driving me crazy.

Thursday, November 29th, 2007 AT 1:35 PM

• Jack42

That could be a heat shield, backing plate, many different things. Try removing r/f wheel and support vehicle. Using asoft hammer, tap on the suspension and see if you can duplicate the noise. If not, might want to have it looked at just to be safe

Friday, November 30th, 2007 AT 7:35 AM