ENGINE OVERHEATING

2003 Hyundai Getz

engiami

February, 22, 2010 AT 3:50 PM

Engine Cooling problem
2003 Hyundai Getz 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 41631 miles

Hi
I have a very big problem in my lovely car.

One year ago an overheating start to come in my engine and this case is clear especially in the middle of the day in when the weather is too hot and the AC is working.
The problem that the mechanical guy try and error in my engine to solve the problem: -

1- The fan has been changed
2- Water pump has been change
3- Thermostat has been changed
4- Radiator has been changed
5- The engine head has been removed and turning then new Head Gasket
But the problem still exist
So finally he say for me he should make the below (note that our outdoor weather is too high approximately 104 F): -
1- Remove the Thermostat so no Thermostat will be installed in the car
2- Get the engine head out and put 2 Head Gasket instead of one
So please I need you help and advice shall I do what he say or do you have another solution please reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance

mhpautos

February, 22, 2010 AT 4:22 PM

Hi there, do not fit 2 head gaskets, this is just crazy nonsence. Do not remove the thermostat. Check that cooling fans are working check the radiator cap is working, check for any external coolant leaks with pressure test, have a Co test done in the cooing system, this is simple chemical test to check the head gasket. Have the other work re checked as you should never presume that something is good until it has been proved so.

engiami

February, 23, 2010 AT 6:41 AM

Thanks for your prompt reply

This test mentioned by you has been done and nothing indicated that there is a problem.

So what I do?

mhpautos

February, 23, 2010 AT 3:39 PM

When it over heats is the bottom of the radiator very hot, hot or cool? Also remove a heater hose turn on the heater and start the engine with a hose in the radiator, run for a few sec's is there a good flow through the heater system,

engiami

February, 24, 2010 AT 12:50 AM

Hi

I got some thing! I found that the Radiator Fan run with one speed even the AC is on.

So is it normal? Is the Radiator Fan run with one speed or two? If yes who control the fan speed? And is this may make the overheat in the engine?

Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500