1,5 GETZ DIESEL ENGINE CUT OUT ON HIGH SPEED AND CRANKS, BUT WON'T START

• Rentvos
  • 2004 Hyundai Getz

High pressure diesel pump overhauled, worn shaft rebuilt, and seal kit replaced 2 months ago.(Solved problem with hard starting)running at app 140 km/h for 3 hours engine cut out and won't restart. Had problems with remote door lock four months ago? The crank is turning and the fuel does have pressure from the pump. All the lights does come on, and when you tow the lights goes off, but it still won't start.

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 9:30 AM

• rasmataz

Have the glow plugs and fuel injection pump checked/tested

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 9:39 AM
  • Rentvos

Mr expert. The glow plugs are new and the car will still start unless the diesel is below freezing point. The injection pump is ok.

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 10:55 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

I would start with a compression test.

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 1:32 PM
  • Rentvos

2004 1.5 Getz diesel. After driving for 3 hours the engine cut out at 140 km/h. It cranks but will not start. Checked mechanical side, everything seems fine. What do I check on the electrical side. I have another, same Getz running at this stage and have parts available to replace and check. Where do I start. I have a problem with the Sanji remote. It will not lock and unlock the doors like it used to. When you push the button for the lock and unlock the indicators flash, but does not lock and unlock the doors. It used to lock the doors when ignition was switched on and unlock when turned off, but does not do that anymore. The problem with the remote started app 4 months ago and the car was running fine till now. If it has an override I do not know how to override it. Please help?

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 AT 5:02 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Did you do the compression test?

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 AT 12:11 PM