2005 Hyundai Elantra Interior Dash Lights

FRAZIERPEREZ
  • 2005 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
I just recently (2 days ago) Installed a pioneer stereo in my Hyundai. Upon reconnecting the battery to check and see if the stereo worked, it did but the dash lights and lights where the shifter and a/c are do not come on when I turn the lights on. The exterior lights all work fine as well as my overhead lights (the ones you push to come on). I have checked behind the dash to make sure I plugged everything back in and it all seems to check out. Any suggestions?
Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 5:00 PM

SKI565NUT
I had the same problem with a clarion receiver. The receiver had 2 orange wires (illumination and dimmer) but the harness only had 1 orange wire. Originally I tied the 2 receiver orange wires together and connected them to the 1 feed wire in the harness. This is what was blowing fuse #6. Just use the 1 illumination wire (not the dimmer wire. All works fine now. Good luck
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 AT 12:43 PM