2002 Hyundai Elantra no starts

BRETTZILLA
  • 2002 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
2002 Hyundai Elantra Front Wheel Drive Manual

the electrical in my elantra is kaputz. It started this morning but about a half hour later I get nothing. I put on the trickle charger and get the dash lights, but as soon as I try to turn it over it crashes. I can here a circuit breaker a few seconds after each try, but now I don't even get that. The dash lights, clock, everything is a no-go. The charger shows that the battery is alright, and the fuse looks ok. Is this the alternator? It started ok at -30 degrees at first, but I didn't let it run. Could the battery be ok but something else preventing the electrical from starting the car?
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 10:30 AM

Actually, it sounds like a bad battery. What I suggest is to remove the battery and have it load tested at a parts store. Make sure it is fully charged when you take it in.

Sometimes a battery can short out internally. If this happens, as soon as you put a heavy load on it, it dies.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Sunday, February 22nd, 2009 AT 3:09 PM

Sponsored links