2002 Hyundai Elantra ACCELERATION PROBLEMS AND ELECTRICAL

CRAPPYHYUNDAI
  • 2002 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
2002 Hyundai Elantra 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

Hi I Bought a Hyundai Elantra 2002 model second hand in 2004, I have had a few issues with it that have all seemed to have passed before I had an opportunity to have them the checked the latest two issues have become a real pain.
issue number 1
The car is having a real problem accelerating, If I am stopped at traffic lights or slow to turn a corner or in peak hour traffic, it takes a very long time to reach the speed limit and struggles to initially accelerate, to the point that I have to maintain the vehicle in 1st gear to be able to get going and get to the speed required. The revs are high whilst this is happening. I have noticed that the car responds well to pumping of the accelerator which has led me to think that it may be a fuel line issue?
Problem 2
Front head lights keep blowing, and the radio speakers flick from left to right and I get an electrtic shock from touching the consol beneath the cd player.

I look forward to hearing your diagnosis.

thanks

Jasmine
Friday, October 9th, 2009 AT 11:00 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi Jasmine,

Thank you for the donation.

When the rpm races and vehicle does not pick up speed, you have a failing clutch. It is slipping and not pulling the vehicle.

When headlight bulbs burns out easily, it can either be the quality of the bulb used or there is excessive vibration causing the bulbs to burn off.

Radio ficking from left to right is either due to the stereo system sound which is normal or you have a faulty radio unit if the sound is intermittent.

The electric shock is due to static electricity and it could be caused by accessories such as ionizers, etc. This could also be a problem that is faced by some people and not others. To discharge static electricity from the vehicle, you would need to install a discharge strap froom under body.
Saturday, October 10th, 2009 AT 8:48 AM
CRAPPYHYUNDAI
Thank you for the quick reply! Bugger that clutch. It has been a little funny since I initially bought the car.
I will be reccomending this site to every one, Fantastic site! I feel bad that I didn't offer a larger donation!

Cheers
Sunday, October 11th, 2009 AT 6:48 PM
KHLOW2008
Hi Jasmine,

No worries about the amount donated, any amount is always received with thanks and appreciation.

Glad to be of service and thank you for the offer to recommend us to the world :)

If you have further questions, just drop by anytime, we are here to help in whatever way we can and will always give it our best shot.

Have a nice day and thank you for using 2carpros.

.
Monday, October 12th, 2009 AT 7:41 AM

Related Engine Stall While Driving Content