FRONT BRAKE DISC PROBLEM

1999 Hyundai Accent

brithepi2k

April, 4, 2008 AT 5:02 PM

Brakes problem
1999 Hyundai Accent V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 74000 miles

hi guys can u help me ?
i took my wheels off today then took 4 bolts out
the hub thing that covers the front of the brake disc
the dics is now loose but won't come off because it looks like i need to take the split pin and axle nut off
if i do that is there any wheel bearings in there i might damage and do i need any special tools to get
that metal hub thing off so i can swap brake discs over to new ones

thanks

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/175622_BA08321961_1.jpg

mastertechtim

April, 4, 2008 AT 5:18 PM

Yes there is a special tool to press off the hub. Usually the parts store has loaner tools that you can use if you leave them a deposit. It bolts to the wheel studs and pushes on the axle after you take off the big nut. Hope this helps

brithepi2k

April, 4, 2008 AT 5:25 PM

Hi there do you not mean a hub puller that pulls the hub off and and it pushes against the centre of the axle ??is there wheel bearings on that part m8 ?
all the tools i have is below but i dunno if thats what u mean i need lol

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/175622_a3_1_b_1.jpg

mastertechtim

April, 4, 2008 AT 5:28 PM

The puller looks similar but instead of 3 jaws it has three holes that bolt up to the wheel studs. Yes there is a bearing there but the hub will press out of it. And yes you push on the axle.

brithepi2k

April, 4, 2008 AT 5:31 PM

Lol u have me lost does it bolt up to wheel studs while the wheels is still on the car m8?

brithepi2k

April, 4, 2008 AT 5:44 PM

Lol u have me lost does it bolt up to wheel studs while the wheels is still on the car m8?[/Quote: a568518f43]

would this work DRAPER 100MM - 115MM UNIVERSAL HUB PULLER but its only a 2 hole one m8

Wheel Stud Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear