2.0L , 70K

1995 Honda Prelude

Lucyh

May, 31, 2006 AT 6:57 AM

Hi,

Quick question really ( I hope)
I have a 2 warning lights aluminated on the dash, once the brake has been depressed for the first time upon turning car on. &Quot; Handbrake" light and " Brake lamp". The rear left brake is not functioning, but it is not the bulb (as I have tried to replace this but bulb is fine). All other lights (indicators, headlights, backlights and hazards are working fine) There is no specific fuse for the brakelight so I'm guessing I have a wiring issue.
Taking to the garage on saturday, but any ideas as to the nature of the problem, as I do not want to get ripped off!

Bruce Hunt

May, 31, 2006 AT 8:18 AM

When you said the rear left brake was not working, I thought you were really talking about the brake itself. However, are your brakes bad and needing to be replaced? Also, don't forget that there are fuses under the hood in the engine compartment.

Lucyh

May, 31, 2006 AT 10:44 AM

Hi - no, sorry for the confusion - it is only yhe rear left brake light that isnt working. Brakes seems fine though and i'm sure I only had new brake pads in Dec 04.
Do you think this is the problem? Why would the handbrake light show up too!

Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz