TIMING BELT

Honda

nattyb4ksu

May, 26, 2006 AT 1:56 PM

Do I need to replace my timing belt, if the rotor underneath the distributor cap is not spinning

losone

May, 26, 2006 AT 6:16 PM

If the distributer gear is good you will have to replace a lot of things including the cyl head because the engine is an interference engine and a broken timimg belt wipes out the valves. Good luck

nattyb4ksu

May, 26, 2006 AT 10:36 PM

Is there a way to check if the distributor gear is good? If I have to replace all those parts, considering how old my car is, should I just look to get a new one? Thanks for all your help.

losone

May, 27, 2006 AT 1:18 PM

You didn't provide me the make, model, year and mileage of your car so I can't make an accurate judgement.

If the engine spins over like you have no spark pulgs in the holes then it is a broken timimg belt You can remove the valve cover and see if the valves move when you turn over the engine.

As a reminder, the timing belt replacement on most Hondas is 60K on earlier models and 90K on newer models.

Good Luck

Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML