OIL CAP OFF

Honda

brendansanchez

September, 28, 2006 AT 2:51 AM

I have a 1991 honda acoord ex that I recently had taken in for an oil change. The attendent didnt put the cap back on. The normal mess happened oil on the bottom of the hood, engine, and headers. I knew the smell of burning oil is ok due to the oil on the various parts of the engine. I however found that the serpentine belt was breaking down and that the power steering was sluggish. If I was parked and I turned the wheel all the way to the right or left the idle fell from about 900 rpms to about 700. There is power steering fluid. There is no metal shavings in the oil so I am not worried about a crank. I am however worried that the belt and idle is high. Could there be something wrong with the timing of the engine? Or could there be something as simple as changing the serpentine?

Bruce Hunt

October, 4, 2006 AT 11:33 AM

If the belt is bad and it is slipping. Replace it. Very in expensive. Once the belt is on and tightened properly things should settle down. Replace all external belts if they had oil on them and look to be wearing.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler 300
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet