Starting problem

ADAM339
  • HONDA
I have a 1997 Acura integra. I tried to start it and when I turned the key nothing happened. I checked the battery for charge, and it had plenty of juice. I cleaned all of the corrosion off of the battery terminals and checked all the wiring from the battery, and it seemed fine. Then I tried starting it again and got a buzzing noise from somewhere in the dashboard, and the engine still won't even try to turn. What could the problem be? I'm completely stumped.
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006 AT 2:23 PM

VANDRAGON
Ir you got a buzz after cleaning, you might want to replace the connectors on the cables. If you have a charger, charge the battery or take it out and have a parts store to charge it. By the way, how old is the battery? My van had a 7 year battery in it that died at 4 and a half. Altenator could be weak also.
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006 AT 4:17 PM
BRUCE HUNT
I would say the terminal connections are still not making good contact and replace them.
Saturday, March 25th, 2006 AT 11:34 PM