INTEGRA TYPTE R.

Honda

trinitom

December, 15, 2006 AT 7:08 PM

Hello, I have a integra type r year 1998 with 42.000 miles, the engine starts to do a noise as a tractor, and I am maintain it work carrying in the accelerator, below the 3.000 rpm he dies! I experienced to remove all the spark plug wires and only the number 4 doesn't make any diference, I bought a new spark plug wire and nothing! Any help for that!

Bruce Hunt

December, 15, 2006 AT 10:17 PM

Please help me out here. I can't follow what you are saying very well. Engine sounds like a tractor, probably because of the miss of the engine due to a plug that is not firing. You replaced the wire and it made no difference. Did you pull that plug and hook it to the wire and test it? You could have a bad plug.

grncivic

December, 15, 2006 AT 10:30 PM

I m not sure if I totally understand your question about the tractor sound but I assume that the engine is running really rough since you said that it won t idle.
Maybe you just need a simple tune-up. Like what Bruce said.
I believe you said that you got new plug wires but if your spark plugs are bad it s still going to run like crap.
I would get new plugs too go with those new wires.
A new rotor and dist. Cap as well.
I did all this to my car not to long ago when it was running really bad and now it runs like a champ.

A cracked exhaust manifold can make it sound like a tractor too. But it won t have any effect with the engine idle.

trinitom

December, 16, 2006 AT 7:03 AM

I change every sparks, I fill strange vibration inside the car, maybe a dead piston!

Bruce Hunt

December, 16, 2006 AT 11:50 PM

It could be, so here is what I recommend. Do a compression check on the cylinders. IF there is compression in all and the readings are pretty close; then see IF you have spark at all four cylinders. I would make sure you have gas to each cylinder as well. You could have an injector that is not working.

trinitom

December, 17, 2006 AT 4:46 PM

I don't think that the problem be of some injector! But I have barely the sure That the problem has to do with valves, as I can quiz that? If it will go of that I can do something for remedy, or I must not drive with the car in that
condition!

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Chevrolet
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8