BENT VALVE

Honda

00hondacivic

April, 27, 2006 AT 6:50 PM

I dont know if I have a bent valve but if I do how do I replace it and what is the difficulty between 1-10? The rocker and spring are not clearing the head wall and rubbing up aginst it making a rattling noise when accellerated. Is it a bent Valve? It all started when I missed second and reved it to high. Thnx

Bent Valve?

Bent Valves

1 ANSWER

Bruce Hunt

May, 3, 2006 AT 3:16 AM

You are not getting much help on this one. Unless there is a freak occurance, you had to really be rapping the engine to have a problem. Now the engine is running yet? And I take it you are hearing the noise all the time the engine is running?

00hondacivic

May, 5, 2006 AT 9:12 PM

I took of the head turns out I had 7 bent intake valves. Replaced them all and put new valve seals as well. How important is it to have a valve adjustment after installing new valves and what caused me to do this kind of damage? THNX car should be running by tonight !

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006