DASH LIGHTS ISSUES.

2007 Honda Odyssey

Mark5000

March, 9, 2009 AT 8:22 PM

2007 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 22000 miles

When I turn my lights on my dash lights do not work. My headlights, HI-Beam, turn signal and rear lights operate. However my dash lights do not work correctly. While I turn the dimmer light clockwise (High) my dash does not light up. However if I turn it counter clockwise (low) the lights start to flicker. I had installed an aftermarket remote start/alarm two years ago and recently had issues with my parking lights flashing using the aftermarket alarm. However I fixed it and all is working back to normal but now I am having issues with the dash lights. My alarm is tied into the correct parking light wire which shows (+) when the parking lights are on. Please help. I hope I didn’t mess with the dimmer switch. If so, even if I replace it, how can I make sure this problem doesn’t happen again? Any help would be appreciated.

James W.

March, 9, 2009 AT 10:50 PM

Unless you inadvertantly hooked the power for the alarm to the dimmer circuit, there is very little you could have done to damage it. I have to say, it just plain died. I would think you could go ahead and change the switch without any worry. Hope this helps.

Mark5000

March, 16, 2009 AT 6:09 PM

James,

I rechecked, and it was just a blown fuse. Put a new one in and all is good.

Mark

James W.

March, 16, 2009 AT 7:19 PM

Thanks for the response, Mark. Glad you found it. Anything else, you know where to find us.

Open Hood Video
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic