2007 HONDA ODYSSEY DASH LIGHTS ISSUES.

• Mark5000
  • 2007 Honda Odyssey

2007 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 22000 miles

When I turn my lights on my dash lights do not work. My headlights, HI-Beam, turn signal and rear lights operate. However my dash lights do not work correctly. While I turn the dimmer light clockwise (High) my dash does not light up. However if I turn it counter clockwise (low) the lights start to flicker. I had installed an aftermarket remote start/alarm two years ago and recently had issues with my parking lights flashing using the aftermarket alarm. However I fixed it and all is working back to normal but now I am having issues with the dash lights. My alarm is tied into the correct parking light wire which shows (+) when the parking lights are on. Please help. I hope I didn’t mess with the dimmer switch. If so, even if I replace it, how can I make sure this problem doesn’t happen again? Any help would be appreciated.

Monday, March 9th, 2009 AT 8:22 PM

• James W.

Unless you inadvertantly hooked the power for the alarm to the dimmer circuit, there is very little you could have done to damage it. I have to say, it just plain died. I would think you could go ahead and change the switch without any worry. Hope this helps.

Monday, March 9th, 2009 AT 10:50 PM
  • Mark5000

James,

I rechecked, and it was just a blown fuse. Put a new one in and all is good.

Mark

Monday, March 16th, 2009 AT 6:09 PM
  • James W.

Thanks for the response, Mark. Glad you found it. Anything else, you know where to find us.

Monday, March 16th, 2009 AT 7:19 PM