HONDA ODYSSEY ODOMETER AND CLOCK LIGHT

• oferp
  • Honda Odyssey

Hi,
I just bought a 2000 Honda odyssey and when I drove it yesterday night for the first time I discovered that the odometer and car clock backlights are not working.

My question is: Is there a fuse that I can change to fix it or do I need to take it to a service technician to change the light bulb or fix the wiring?

Tuesday, March 28th, 2006 AT 7:58 AM

• losone

There is no connection between the odometer and the backup lights. The backup lights are fused. It is located in the inside fuse box. Check the bulbs yet?

The odomter is electronicaly controlled and has no fuse. If your check engine light is not on, it is probably a bad odometer and or instrument cluster. Make sure when you turn on the ignition the check engine light comes on. I have seen used cars with a "lightectomy"

If it is an analog odometer lets hope that someone didn't try and alter the mileage and ruined the thing.

-1
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006 AT 3:53 PM
  • skwilson

Does anyone have any actual information on this? I have the same condition as the original poster: the backlight (not "back-up lights") behind the digital odometer display and the clock display no longer work, so at night you can't read them. How incredibly difficult is it to get access to these bulbs? They would be almost impossible to reach from under the dash, and there is no obvious way to pop out just the odometer panel or the clock panel.

Is there a fuse that might possibly affect only these displays (nothing else seems to have stopped working)?

Monday, April 17th, 2006 AT 8:46 AM
  • losone

I was confused about "back up lights. I now understand it is back lights for the instrument cluster. I am going to the Honda shop this morning to pick up an oil filter. I will ask a certified Honda tech and let you both know.

Monday, April 17th, 2006 AT 8:50 AM
  • losone

HOnda just smilled and wanted to make an appoitment. They know the problem but won't say. One tech asked me if I ahd switched the rocker sw back and forth.

I will go on liine tomorrow with All Data and get to the root of this problem. Give me a liitle time.

Monday, April 17th, 2006 AT 3:38 PM