2001 HONDA CRV LOCK IN THE DRIVER SIDE DOOR IS JAMMED

• rubix
  • 2001 Honda CRV

2001 Honda CRV 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Hello, so today I got into my car, locked it when I started driving and when I parked and unlocked my doors to get out, the driver side door wouldn't open, no matter how many times I hit the unlock button for all the doors. I got out through the passenger side and and unlocking the door from the outside with no luck. When I hit the unlock button, I can see that the driver side door makes an attempt at unlocking but gets stuck halfway through.

Thursday, October 21st, 2010 AT 8:41 PM

• KHLow2008

Hi rubix,

The driver door lock actuator is faulty causing the problem. You need to rremove the door panel to get at the actuator.

Friday, October 22nd, 2010 AT 11:27 AM
  • rubix

The lock is stuck in the lock position, how do I get the door open so I can remove the door panel?

Friday, October 22nd, 2010 AT 6:09 PM
  • Honda Tech 1818
  • 549 posts

You just have to remove the door panel with the door close. It may be hard but the door panel can be remove with the door close. The door panel may crack or break during removal, so you have to be very careful.

Friday, October 22nd, 2010 AT 9:50 PM