LOCK IN THE DRIVER SIDE DOOR IS JAMMED

2001 Honda CRV

rubix

October, 21, 2010 AT 8:41 PM

2001 Honda CRV 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Hello, so today I got into my car, locked it when I started driving and when I parked and unlocked my doors to get out, the driver side door wouldn't open, no matter how many times I hit the unlock button for all the doors. I got out through the passenger side and and unlocking the door from the outside with no luck. When I hit the unlock button, I can see that the driver side door makes an attempt at unlocking but gets stuck halfway through.

Rear Door

October, 22, 2010 AT 11:27 AM

Hi rubix,

The driver door lock actuator is faulty causing the problem. You need to rremove the door panel to get at the actuator.

rubix

October, 22, 2010 AT 6:09 PM

The lock is stuck in the lock position, how do I get the door open so I can remove the door panel?

Honda Tech 1818

October, 22, 2010 AT 9:50 PM

You just have to remove the door panel with the door close. It may be hard but the door panel can be remove with the door close. The door panel may crack or break during removal, so you have to be very careful.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease