QUICK REMOTE ENTRY QUESTION

Honda Civic

TLewis228

November, 7, 2007 AT 12:39 PM

I have a 97 Civic Ex coupe with a remote entry keychain. Recently the battery died and I replaced it. Now for some reason the remote LED light is always on and the remote does not work. Is the remote broken?

fisherman

November, 7, 2007 AT 10:18 PM

Hello !

Well, looks like your remote lost the program.

Try this: 1. Turn Key to on position.

2. Push and hold **valet button on the stock radio. Door locks will cycle one time.

3. Press any button on remote one time within 20 seconds. Door locks will cycle again.

4. To program up to 4 additional remotes repeat step 3 for each additonal remote.

5. Turn key off programming is complete.

**Valet button is skinny bar located between am/fm & cd/tape buttons on stock radio.

Good Luck and if works for you we appreciate your donation for our site!

Let us know!

TLewis228

November, 8, 2007 AT 4:57 PM

I tried pressing the valey button on the reviever but the locks did not cycle at all. Also, I am wondering if the remote is malfunctioning because as soon as the battery is put in the LED illuminates and does not go out unless you take out the battery.

fisherman

November, 8, 2007 AT 6:14 PM

Most likely. Yes. Your remote its not working properly, try to move the button contact probably its stuck.

Did you replace the batteries with the exact number on them? And how about the position (polarity)?

Let us know

Replace Keyless Door Entry