NEED TO REWIRE MY FRONT TURN SIGNALS

Honda Civic

liensaleman

March, 18, 2007 AT 11:03 PM

I do not have the money to pay to have this done, is this hard. Can I splice off the rear turn signals and run them to the front? 1990 honda civic hatchback 210,000 miles

Bruce Hunt

March, 19, 2007 AT 1:45 PM

What happened to the front that they need to be rewired?

liensaleman

March, 19, 2007 AT 10:45 PM

Well when I bought the vehicle, it did not have the corner turn signals in it. I see a bundle of cut wires but I dont know which ones run the turn signals, so I just figured I would start from scratch, or splice them from back. This I purchased this vehicle on lien from friends tow yard for 100.00 dollars. The engine runs great, but has problems like this one. 1990 honda civic hatchback.210,000 miles

Bruce Hunt

March, 20, 2007 AT 11:01 AM

Turn on the turn signal, using a volt-ohm meter connect to a number of wires and locate the wiring. The meter should jump with the signal.

Another thought as well is to spend around $20 for a maintenance/shop/repair manual from a parts store. They have a wiring diagram in them and may break that down by wire color etc. I strongly suggest doing it right.

Good luck.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro