93 TURNS OFF ON ME

1993 Honda Civic

hiphop

May, 4, 2006 AT 2:39 PM

I have a 93 honda civic with 98,000 miles on it and when I drive the car for at list 10 min. It trys to turn off on me. It happened once it did turn off on me ok I did a tuneup on it I changed the wires plugs air filter oil change oil filter but I didnt change the gas filter and a tranmison oil the told me that on a old car you dont change the trany oil this was around last winter and today it turn off on me then I put it in park then it turns on can you help me please thank you

peppermrj

March, 19, 2006 AT 4:45 PM

A year make and model will help find answers. : )
Sounds as if your vehicle is overheating. Is coolant boiling out? Could be anything from low coolant level to a bad rad fan. Have it checked and repaired quickly as overheating can ruin an engine.

Good luck and let us know. :

losone

May, 4, 2006 AT 2:58 PM

Not a lot of specific info but it sounds like it is your EFI relay. It controls fuel and spark and is locted high up in the dash above your right knee for a left hand drive car. Good luck

Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement Ford