Gas Peddle Sticks

JULIAN
  • HONDA CIVIC

2002 Honda Civic DX, Automatic, 41,000 miles.
When I first get into my car in the morning the gas peddle sticks. I have to push it with quite a bit of force and I hear a pop, then it is normal. I have just recently moved from the flat lands of south Florida to the rolling hills of northern Georgia, so I don't know if this has anything to do with it. The peddle doesn't stick any other time other than the first time I start it up in the morning. I have worked in an auto shop for 9 years and have never heard of this before. Do you know what the cause could be?

Thursday, May 11th, 2006 AT 12:35 PM

TONDEE

My pedal was stuck at one time. I had to replace the cable which connects to the foot pedal (about $45, I think). It's an easy fix, about 15 minutes; that's after you get used to being in that area. However, I don't know if that's your problem.

Tondee

Thursday, May 11th, 2006 AT 1:37 PM
BRUCE HUNT

Replace the cable, the casing for the cable must have rust that hangs it up or it is frayed some place.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, May 12th, 2006 AT 10:02 AM