ENGINE OVER HEATING

Honda Civic

sam0272

October, 10, 2007 AT 6:47 PM

I have a '02 honda civic and it has 65,000 miles on it. Recently, when im driving the engine thermostat gets to 1/3 of the way up and when I idle at a light or in park the gauge gets to 2/3 of the way up to the top. If I start to drive it agian at steady speed, then the thermostat goes down back to where it originally was. However, the longer I drive it or if I drive it for more than 10 mins on the highway, the needle will stay at 2/3 to the top. If I drive it for a long period of time, (over 30 mins) when I idle the gauge will get all the way to hot. Also when this is happening, my air conditioning blows warm air until the needle gets back down to the middle. I was wondering what could possibly be causing this problem.

BMRFIXIT

October, 10, 2007 AT 8:51 PM

Check the radiator fan if they are working
Check coolant level (when engine is cold)
Open radiator and check it
Or the thermostat is sticking and it need replaced
AC system not blowing cold because the car is overheating the condenser temp is to high
That s why u should check those fans if they re working
If not check fuses and relay
Good luck

Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford