96

1996 Honda Civic

btwoodward

February, 21, 2006 AT 3:34 PM

Hello. My Honda Civic will not shift into gear with the car cranked, and with the car in gear (off) when I try to crank it, it moves forward, even with the gearshift in neutral. The clutch pedal feels too easy to push, and I can hear a noise under the hood every time I press it. I am trying to figure out if this is a cylinder problem or more. Looking at the engine/tranny/slave cylinder, I can push the rod that goes into the transmission housing to the right, I have no other help, so I am not sure if it moves when I press the clutch. Is there any way that I can troubleshoot the cylinders before replacing the clutch?

Bruce Hunt

March, 3, 2006 AT 5:34 PM

If it is the slave on the clutch you will have a leak in the fluid of the clutch. If it is the master, the fluid could be coming back inside the car, but is there a drop in your fluid in the resevoir? Also, have you lost clutch pedal to the floor? I could also be a clutch or throwout bearing.

btwoodward

March, 4, 2006 AT 10:39 AM

Thanks for the reply. I took apart the clutch, and the throwout bearing had pretty much come apart and melted, and the clutch plate was broken in two. Thanks again for the reply!

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado