94 REVING ALL THE TIME WHEN NOT DRIVING

1994 Honda Civic

Manofsteele02

March, 10, 2007 AT 9:10 PM

I have a 1994 Honda Civic Ex. I have aftermarket headers and exhaust, and some transmission work that has been done to it. However It started to Rev by itself several weeks ago it revs from about 1000rpm to 3000rpm. I have replaced Idle Air Control Valve, and the Map Sensor. Oxygen Senson, Sparkplugs, Sparkplug wires and it is still reving can you tell me what is wrong or maybe whatelse I can try?

D16z6
150000miles

Bruce Hunt

March, 12, 2007 AT 9:41 AM

Check the coolant level and purge the air from the system. Next is to try for vacuum leaks, hoses, etc.

Had any intake manifold work done. Could be a crack or a manifold gasket that is leaking.

Manofsteele02

March, 12, 2007 AT 9:12 PM

How do I purge the air from the system?

Bruce Hunt

March, 13, 2007 AT 11:47 AM

Start the car, get the engine warm, follow the top radiator hose to the block. You will see a bleeder that is a number 10 wrench I believe. Crack it open very slowly and let out steam and air. Do this a couple of times and even take it fow a short drive and repeat. See if that helps. How about the intake question?

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars