OIL LIFE INDICATOR

2008 Honda Civic

boldbaatar

November, 24, 2008 AT 8:05 AM

2008 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I just changed my car oil and filter. But I don't know how to reset oil life indicator to100%. So please give me the instruction how to do it. Thanks

Oil Life Reset

1 ANSWER
1 IMAGE

November, 24, 2008 AT 3:09 PM

Hi boldbaatar,

Resetting the Maintenance Information Display
NOTE: The vehicle must be stopped to reset the display.
If a required service is done and the display is not reset, or if the maintenance display is reset without doing the service, the system will not show the proper maintenance timing. This can lead to serious mechanical problems because there will be no accurate record of when the required maintenance is needed.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.
2. Press the SEL/RESET button repeatedly until the engine oil life indicator is displayed.
3. Press and release and hold the SEL/RESET button for about 10 seconds. The engine oil life indicator and the maintenance item code(s) will blink.

NOTE: If you are resetting the display when the engine oil life is more than 15%, make sure any maintenance item(s) requiring service are done before resetting the display.

4. Press and hold the SEL/RESET button for another 5 seconds. The maintenance item code(s) will disappear, and the engine oil life will reset to " 100.&Quot;

Oil Life Reset Light Honda Civic 2006-2011
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco