2007 HONDA CIVIC STRANGE NOISE AND VIBRATION IN PARKING AND

• Omer
  • 2007 Honda Civic

2007 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 34000 miles

Whenever I start my car, it makes strange noises that seem to be coming from somewhere in the front along with some vibrations. The sounds increase when I shift to reverse and stop completely when I shift to drive. It only happens when the car is started after a gap of a couple of hours.

Please let me know the nature of this problem and also if it would be expensive to repair.

Saturday, May 30th, 2009 AT 6:44 AM

• ted-e-dee

It's hard to determine the relationship between your car & the " couple hour gap". Check your motor & Trans. Mounts. A medium prybar can assist to pry on them & check for broken or loose mounts. The rubber inside of these mounts are the part to focus on looking for cracks & dryrott, but also make sure the bracketts are o.K. Too.
Check the A.T.F., Make sure the fluid level & " red color" are o.K.. Hopefully elliminating a trans. Problem. Never hurts to check every component possible though, If it's a moving part, check it out while your in the neiborhood. Good Luck ! Let us know how ya make out.

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 12:16 AM