2007 Honda Civic LX Stalled in the middle of highway

• 1 POST
  • 2007 HONDA CIVIC

2007 Honda Civic LX
4Cyln Auto 7,000 miles

I was driving the car on highway. All of a sudden all the warning lights came on flashing, the car shuddered and the acceleration pedal doesn't work. Either way I shut down the car to restart but I cannot restart it anymore.

Towed it to the dealers, they said that the PCM on my car broke and that they are going to order and replace a new one. My car is still under warranty.

My question is how bad is this problem, in terms of future reoccurrence and overall design and reliability of my car? I was quite scared when it stopped in the middle of highway. Should I resell the car? Or am I overreacting?

My second question is what should I look out for when the car comes back?

Friday, July 20th, 2007 AT 11:41 PM

Those are good questions and surprizing as well. I am not aware of a problem with the PCM. There might be an update to the internal software. I have seen mention of that but that should not stop the car. However, a defective PCM could stop the car and obviously has. Let them replace it and drive with confidence. What you experienced is really unusual.

Monday, July 23rd, 2007 AT 1:43 PM