Here are the diagnostic procedures.
DTC P0730: PROBLEM IN SHIFT CONTROL SYSTEM (2004-05 MODEL)
" Record all freeze data and review General Troubleshooting Information (see General Troubleshooting Information ) before you troubleshoot.
" Keep replacement solenoid valves on hand:
Ã A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A and B
Ã Shift solenoid valve A and B
1. Check whether the HDS or the scan tool indicates another code.
Do not continue with this troubleshooting until the causes of any other DTCs have been corrected.
2. Drain the ATF through a strainer. Inspect the strainer for metal debris of excessive clutch material.
Does the strainer contain metal debris or excessive clutch material?
YES - Replace the tranmission.
NO - Replace the ATF, then go to step 3.
3. Measure the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th clutch pressure.
Is each clutch pressure within the service limit?
YES - Go to step 4.
NO - Repair the hydraulic system as necessary.
4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
5. Replace the shift solenoid valve A and B.
6. Replace the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A and B.
7. Turn the ignition switch ON, and clear the DTC or reset the PCM memory by removing the No. 6 PCM fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box for more than 10 seconds.
8. Using the HDS, check to be sure that the engine coolant temperature is 176 F (80 C) or above. If the coolant temperature is low, warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on).
9. Drive the vehicle at speeds over 12 mph (20 km/h) in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears in the D
position for more than 30 seconds.
10. Recheck for code P0730.
Does the scan tool indicate code P0730?
YES - Replace the transmission.
NO - The system is OK at this time.
Friday, January 29th, 2010 AT 10:19 AM