2002 Honda Civic P1159 Malfunction Code

• 2002 HONDA CIVIC

2002 Honda Civic 150000 miles

Pep boys said this is an emission sensor problem, I looked it up and it says O2 sensor. My car shop charges $100 for detailed diagnostics $400 for O2 sensor and $800 for exhaust manifold repair (replace? I was told that my exhaust manifold was cracked last year but decided to wait. Since I passed the smog and everygthing seemed OK. Question: Since the car has 150K miles and several dents (deer in the headlight scenario) I don't want to spend much money on it. I figure I'll keep it another year or two at the most. Question: does it need fixing and if the cracked exhaust manifold is the cause, is there a cheaper fix than $900 total. Thanks very much.

Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 AT 11:38 PM

Exhaust manifold would be the 1st to do
I m not sure how they do the state inspection in your state but a leaky exhaust system is a safety failure
I would think !
O2 or air fuel metering sensor codes 1st line in the diagnose page would be to check for an exhaust leak
you know you have one in the manifold you can check at the used auto parts for cheaper than new and a good one

good luck

Wednesday, June 10th, 2009 AT 6:25 AM