1998 Honda Civic Engine Oil question

PMP
  • 1998 HONDA CIVIC
I was wondering which oil you people recommend. Im using castrol high mileage 10w 30 now. I noticed alot of honda guys use mobile one. Why is this? I plan on keeping my car for a long time Which oil would be the best for the engine. I dont want to use synthetic due to it might kill the seals in the engine so basically between the high mileage oils. I don't race or anything but I do a good amount of driving. About half stop and go and half high way. Thank you
Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 AT 11:48 AM

MERLIN2021
Synthetic oil does a better job of carrying dirt to the oil filter then petroleum based oil, I use synthetic myself, the other plus is you can drive more miles on synthetic oil as well, 5,000 miles between changes compared to 3,000 for regular oil. Synthetic oil will not hurt your oil seals. If you are that worried about the seals, they do have synthetic blend oil.
Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 AT 11:54 AM