1998 Honda Civic Car alarm system locks the car while it st

JIMISH81
  • 1998 HONDA CIVIC
Hi I have honda civic 1998 lx car, from last couple of days I am having problem with my security system while I drive my car and stops at the signals after several seconds it security system locks my car and I have to unlock it everytime, I dont know what to do? On my car key remote the number shown me is APS99BT3 how could I solve this problem? Please advice
Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 3:02 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi Jimish81,

When engine is running, the security system cannot be activatd unless the power from the ignition is interupted.

Are you sure it is the security system that is locking or the engine stalled?

If it is locking, I would suggest checking the ignition switch.
+1
Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 10:48 AM
JIMISH81
Hi, thank you for your response,
well I am not sure either its a security system or my ignition problem but wherever I stops my car after 4-5 seconds car lock sound comes and also if I break the car after that alarm starts so compulsory I had to unlock my car by remote and then continue. Can you tell me whats the solution some days ago it stops working and mechanic shown one wire was outside from the horn system of alarm so he fixed that by rejoining that. Now he said I don't know much more about this so I asked one of the security alarm mechanic too he suggested to fit new alarm system with 200 dollars I don't want to do like this please tell me what shall I do?
Friday, August 27th, 2010 AT 3:12 PM
KHLOW2008
Is the alarm factory or after market?

When engine is started (or ignition is turned ON), the alarm system would be notified via power supply from the ignition switch and be disarmed. Your problem should be this voltage signal is not received by the alarm control unit and after 4-5 seconds the alarm self-arms.

While braking, one of the doors switch is activated, possibly due to door out of adjustment and the door switch is barely pushed. Door movement during braking would cause the switch to activate thus triggering the alarm.

Does the door ajar/dome light flickers during braking or uneven road driving conditions?
Saturday, August 28th, 2010 AT 12:24 PM