BATTERY, LIMP MODE, ENGINE CHECK, CAR WON'

1998 Honda Civic

ibensous

June, 13, 2010 AT 7:30 PM

1998 Honda Civic 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 71000 miles

I have a 1998 Honda Civic. Yesterday my car battery died so I had to get a new one. While I was getting a jump I had to put the car in shift lock to move it. The car was running fine when I got home. The next morning I changed my Battery with a new one. I started the car in the morning and everything seemed to be going fine. I put the car into reverse and I noticed it went into limp mode. A few minutes later my MIL started blinking. I ran the codes to see what was wrong with the car and it said system misfire and it pointed to one of the ignition spark plug cables. So, I decided change the spark clubs, the ignition spark plug wires, the rotor and the cap. I tried to turn the car on and now the car wont start. The car cranks but the engine does not start. I can't seem to figure out whats wrong with the car now. Any ideas?

F4I_guy

June, 13, 2010 AT 8:26 PM

You have messed up the ignition firing order. This picture will help.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/276698_firing_order_honda_5.jpg

ibensous

June, 13, 2010 AT 8:56 PM

I checked the firing order and its just as you posted.

ibensous

June, 14, 2010 AT 4:44 PM

So I rechecked everything and the car still isn't starting. I'm sure everything was done properly. I checked to see if the gas pump was working which it is. The fuel is also getting to the engine. I checked to see if maybe my spark plugs were bad but the car wont spark at all. The car still cranks though. What should I do next?