1. Check engine light on. Code 16 reported.
2. Perform ECU reset.
3. Start engine and allow it to idle. NOTE: If engine will not start, it may take 10 seconds of cranking to set the code.
4. Is the check engine light on and does it indicate Code 16? YES: Turn the ignition switch off. NO: Intermittent failure. System is OK at this time. Test drive may be necessary. Check for poor connections and loose wires at the injector, ECU, or connector located at right shock tower.
5. Disconnect the 2P connector from the injector that does not click.
6. Measure resistance between the two terminal of the injector.
7. Is there 10 - 13 ohms? YES: Turn the ignition ON. NO: Replace the injector/injectors that are not 10 - 13 ohms.
8. Measure voltage between YEL/BLK (+) terminal in the 2P connector and body ground.
9. Is there battery voltage? YES: Reconnect the 2P connector to the injector. NO: Repair open in the YEL/BLK (+) between the injector and the main relay.
10. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
11. Connect the test harness between the ECU and the connector.
12. Turn the ignition ON.
13. Measure voltage between A23 (-) terminal and the following terminals:
a. No 1 injector: A1 terminal (+) terminal
b. No 2 injector: A3 terminal (+) terminal
c. No 3 injector: A5 terminal (+) terminal
d. No 4 injector: A2 terminal (+) terminal
14. Is there voltage? YES: Substitute a known good ECU and re-test. If synptom/indication goes away, replace the original ECU. NO: Repair open wire between the ECU (A1, A3, A5, and A2) and the injector.
Sunday, March 1st, 2009 AT 12:01 AM