WON'T START, CAR BUZZES

1990 Honda Civic

koomlee08

April, 6, 2009 AT 6:44 PM

1990 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 190000 miles

Yeah after I installed a clutch kit and wired everything back it won't start no more. All I hear is a loud buzz when I turn the ignition. My key gets stuck in there too and won't come out until I unplug the battery. It's really weird. I checked all the wires hooked up to the starter and transmission and everything's hooked up. Now when I try to start it, all I hear was the buzz. I tested the starter at Autozone and works fine and recharged the battery at too. What else? Help. It's my only ride.

April, 7, 2009 AT 4:48 AM

If you're attempting to crank and you hear a buzzing noise-its more likely that the starter overrunning clutch is slipping

koomlee08

April, 7, 2009 AT 2:12 PM

Well, I tested my starter at autozone and it tested good. Could the starter tester at autozone not read the starter clutch slipping? Could it still read good even though the tester says it's good? I think also I'm going to do a spark test just incase. I don't even hear the starter actually clicking over. The buzz noise is from the inside of the driver side not even close to the starter. Not sure what's really wrong.

April, 7, 2009 AT 3:38 PM

Is the starter cranking the engine over?

koomlee08

April, 7, 2009 AT 7:32 PM

I can't even hear the starter click or turn over. I turn the ignition and the it does nothing really.

koomlee08

April, 7, 2009 AT 7:37 PM

The last thing after the clutch and everything was back on we installed the starter and turn the ignition. All we heard was the starter click like a couple time and it didn't turn no more. Tried to turn it again and nothing happened. Tested the starter at autozone and it was tested okay. If it were bad wouldn't the test at autozone fail the starter?

April, 7, 2009 AT 11:18 PM

Install the starter jump start it by shorting out the solenoid at the starter did the starter engage the engine. Let me know-if it kicks over-Your problem could be coming from one of these, Ignition switch, clutch switch, starter relay-make sure you check all the fuses

koomlee08

April, 13, 2009 AT 9:12 PM

Thanks man. It was the ground wire to the starter. HAd to do an electrical test on the wires. Yeah, its workin fine now. Thanks again.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe