Accord dies at stops

MADDLAGGER
  • HONDA ACCORD
Hi All,
Twice in the past week my 2001 4-cylinder Accord has died on me while slowing to a stop after 20 to 40 minutes of normal driving. I have been able to start the car back up immediately and continue driving as usual with no difference in performance or handling.

Aside from this, I have noticed that my car has sometimes dropped to sub-500 rpms while sitting at a stop a few minutes after starting.

What could be the cause of this?

Thank you for your help in advance
Saturday, November 17th, 2007 AT 8:28 PM

BMRFIXIT
IAC
idle air control try cleaning it
when was the last tune up
good luck
Saturday, November 17th, 2007 AT 10:29 PM
MADDLAGGER
IAC
idle air control try cleaning it
when was the last tune up
good luck[/quote:2dc5a989b4]

Thanks BMRFIXIT, I'll take a look at the IAC in the morning.

The last tune up was about 4 months ago now, spark plugs and wires were changed, air filter, pcv valve, an oil and oil filter change, and some fuel injector cleaner was mixed in with my gas. I think I'll also look into changing my distributor cap and fuel filter; I have close to 100k miles now.
Sunday, November 18th, 2007 AT 5:07 AM
BMRFIXIT
IAC
idle air control try cleaning it
when was the last tune up
good luck[/quote:0266ad4591]

The last tune up was about 4 months ago now, spark plugs and wires were changed, air filter, pcv valve, an oil and oil filter change, and some fuel injector cleaner was mixed in with my gas. I think I'll also look into changing my distributor cap and fuel filter; I have close to 100k miles now.[/Quote:0266ad4591]

All good but try to clean idle air control valve u may have carbon build up in it
Causing it to stick
Sunday, November 18th, 2007 AT 8:29 AM