94ACCORD LX OVERHEATS AFTER RADIATOR REPLACEMENT

• dannyboy47
  • 1994 Honda Accord

I have a1994 Accord LX 190000 miles 2.2L 4 cylinder. I just replaced a leaking radiator with a new core and cap but the car still overheats. I noticed the cooling system is discharging steam into the the plastic reservoir adjacent to the radiator. The lower radiator hose was replaced, the upper looks to have been replaced recently. I see no coolant discharge anywhere on the engine or the radiator. Where should I look next?

Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 AT 7:23 PM

• rasmataz

Try replacing the thermostat-not it do the following below: Have it block and pressure tested-do the block first to pinpoint a combustion leaking into the cooling system or a gas analyzer to sniff for hydrocarbons at the radiator fill neck.

Pressure test: do not do a pressure test if there's leakage at the headgasket this might cause coolant into the cylinders and lock it up or bend a connecting rod if cranked thereafter. The headgasket should be repaired before doing the pressure test.

If the block and pressure test passes check the following: Thermostat, Pressure test the Rad. Cap, Clogged radiator, Fan clutch, Radiator electrical fan, collaspe hoses, water pump.

Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 AT 11:56 PM