94 LX OVERHEATS AFTER RADIATOR REPLACEMENT

1994 Honda Accord

dannyboy47

May, 29, 2007 AT 7:23 PM

I have a1994 Accord LX 190000 miles 2.2L 4 cylinder. I just replaced a leaking radiator with a new core and cap but the car still overheats. I noticed the cooling system is discharging steam into the the plastic reservoir adjacent to the radiator. The lower radiator hose was replaced, the upper looks to have been replaced recently. I see no coolant discharge anywhere on the engine or the radiator. Where should I look next?

May, 29, 2007 AT 11:56 PM

Try replacing the thermostat-not it do the following below: Have it block and pressure tested-do the block first to pinpoint a combustion leaking into the cooling system or a gas analyzer to sniff for hydrocarbons at the radiator fill neck.

Pressure test: do not do a pressure test if there's leakage at the headgasket this might cause coolant into the cylinders and lock it up or bend a connecting rod if cranked thereafter. The headgasket should be repaired before doing the pressure test.

If the block and pressure test passes check the following: Thermostat, Pressure test the Rad. Cap, Clogged radiator, Fan clutch, Radiator electrical fan, collaspe hoses, water pump.

Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer