90 LX 150K AROMATIC OVERCOMING SMELL

1990 Honda Accord

pablocruz7

I have a 90 honda accord lx with 150k miles and there is a very strong aromatic overcoming smell of burning plastic. It only occurs after the car has been moving for a while. The car sat for 4 days while I went on vacation right before the presence of the scent was noticed for the first time. Another recent change was the radio being ripped out for a merry merry christmas, therefore there is a cavity in the dash and some recent electrical changes. Is something rubbing or is it electrical? Or what?

Bruce Hunt

January, 28, 2007 AT 9:20 AM

When you say ripped out for a merry, merry christmas are you saying the car was broken into and the radio taken? If so, how was the radio taken? Did they just force it out, take their time and take it out properly, or pull it and cut the wires?

Bruce Hunt

January, 28, 2007 AT 9:21 AM

Just as an after thought check the cig lighter to make sure it is not stuck down and won't release.

pablocruz7

Today, after some urging from a family friend, I elevated the car so that I could look at the bottom. There seems to be a grocery bag melted to the catalytic converter. Now to get it off.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement