TCS

2005 Honda Accord

lomyj

August, 24, 2010 AT 8:21 AM

2005 Honda Accord 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 143000 miles

The TCS light came on in my car about a month ago. Is it imperative that I fix this asap? Sounds like an expensive repair and I can't afford it but I dont want to put myself in danger either.

Thanks.

August, 24, 2010 AT 1:10 PM

Hi lomyj,

The TCS does not affect safety under normal driving conditions.

If the Check engine light is indicating as well, the TCS could be triggerred by an engine fault.

Get a free scan done at Autozone and let me know the EXACT trouble code if any found.

lomyj

August, 26, 2010 AT 8:59 PM

Thanks for your response. The check engine light is not on and autozone said that is the only light they can check. Do you have a recommended timeline for when I should get this TCS fixed?

Thanks again.

August, 27, 2010 AT 11:17 AM

It is ok to drive the vehicle with the TCS light on if yu do not feel any difference in power or other issues.

Guess you would have to get it to the dealer.

However you can try using a jumper wire across the DLC terminal # 4 and # 9 and turn ignition ON to check if the TCS lights blinks. If yes, count the blinks to get the trouble code.

Wonder How Traction Control Works?
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Oil Life Reset Light Honda Civic 2006-2011