To remove the alternator you would need only basic handtools, 10, 12, 14 mm socket and ring spanners would do.
1. Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the radio, and the navigation system, then write down the customer's audio presets. Make sure the ignition switch is OFF.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery first, then disconnect the positive cable.
3. Disconnect the fan motor connector (A) and compressor clutch connector (B), then remove the reserve tank (C).
4. Remove the two bolts (D), and loosen a bolt (E), then remove the condenser fan shroud.
5. Remove the drive belt.
6. Disconnect the alternator connector (A) and BLK wire (B) from the alternator.
7. Remove the bolt (C) securing the harness holder.
8. Remove the mounting bolt (A) and alternator bracket mounting bolt (B), then remove the alternator.
Sunday, May 24th, 2009 AT 11:59 AM