2001 Accord idle problems

JHOENIG
  • 2001 HONDA ACCORD
I have a 2001 honda accord ex 4 cyl automatic. It currently has 112,000 miles. About a year ago I had the timing belt and spark plugs replaced. About 6 months ago I began having some idling problems. It wouldn't happen all the time, but while idling at stop lights, it would occasionally drop to about 300-400 RPM. Also, a total of a handful of times, while starting the car, it would start and immediately putter out. I took the car into my mechanic and had them try to diagnose it (difficult since the problem was sporadic). They really couldn't find anything wrong. Ultimately, they replaced the radiator cap (unrelated, but the old one was cracked), and blew out the intake line. For whatever reason, that seemed to solve the problem for the most part. My car is still idling a little lower than I'd like, somewhere near 6-700 and seems a little sluggish. I know very little about cars, but I keep feeling like it might be the fuel filter. Could this be it, or do you have any other ideas?
Sunday, June 3rd, 2007 AT 6:40 PM

When was the last tune-up?

Clean the throttle body plate and check the idle air control valve. Also do a fuel pressure check
Monday, June 4th, 2007 AT 4:27 PM
JHOENIG
The last tune up was with the timing belt change. Thanks for the help
Monday, June 4th, 2007 AT 5:41 PM