ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT WILL NOT START

1998 Honda Accord

all2tropical

April, 7, 2008 AT 11:59 AM

1998 Honda Accord 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 168k miles

Original problem was the sensor on the throttle body, the bad sensor was making the idle jump. The Dealer said it was the idle air sensor. But I replaced it myself, but it turns out it was the TPS. I disconnect the TPS just to get the car running. Later, the car was having difficulty starting, but then started. I had the car sitting for a week, a would just turn over.

I had to replace the throttle body, but the car just turns over. Almost like it is not getting a spark. Is the fuel relay the issue? I read that it may have failed. Other ideas?

Thanks;
jl
all2tropical@yahoo. Com

Bruce Hunt

April, 7, 2008 AT 4:28 PM

Just to clarify. The engine is not starting correct? Is there spark at the plugs? What is happening now?

all2tropical

April, 7, 2008 AT 5:46 PM

I don't know about the spark. So I would have to pull one wire and put a screwdriver to the end for and spark?
I checked the fuses for relay and ignition coil, OK. I don't hear and clicks when I turn the key to the first position. I thought you are suppose to hear the relay click and fuel pump. Anyway, when I was cranking the engine, a few times it sounded like it wanted to kick in, but then it would just keep turning over. No idiot lights come on, but that is probably because it does not start yet. When I changed the throttle body and battery the error lights turned off. Now it just turns over. I remember before it died, it had some intermittent problems starting. I let it sit and then it would start. The board indicates that it could be a ignition coil, or main relay. The ignition switch was replaced years ago with the part recall.
Jl

all2tropical

April, 7, 2008 AT 6:28 PM

Jl[/quote: afc2b2ad7d]
Bruce, I checked the spark the coil and on one of the plugs and it is OK.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe