DOOR LOCKS

1997 Honda Accord

flipz

January, 13, 2006 AT 10:28 AM

I just bought a used 1997 accord, and none of the power door locks work, When I push the lock button, you can hear the lock motors in all the door work, but the lock won't budge. I was wonder what this might be, would it be the actuator since they are all not working?

Jack42

Does it have an after-market alarm? If it does remove the door lock part of it

flipz

February, 12, 2006 AT 7:42 PM

It doesn't have an aftermarket alarm, I can hear all the motor working, and every once in awhile the drivers door will work, like 1/100 times. Very strange.

flipz

March, 1, 2006 AT 3:07 PM

My power door locks still aren't working, I can hear all the moters when I push either the drivers power door lock, or the passenger side switch. I have removed rear passenger door panel, and I think i'm going to try install a new actuator back there. Could all my actuators are out? I took it to a mechanic that has the reputation of having a lot of experience. He said that it had to be all the actuators because if it was a switch/relay, no power would get to any of the doors. Any advance knowledge>?

Bruce Hunt

March, 2, 2006 AT 9:10 PM

I have not had that bad experience but my Ford Excursion had them all go out, one right after the other. I would do as you are and try to put in one and see what happens. It must be the actuator.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement