I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY HONDA

1997 Honda Accord

angele82000

February, 20, 2007 AT 4:47 PM

I have a problem with my Honda. Last month when I was driving, the fron end started to vibrate badlly, I thouhg I was going to lose control of the car. I had it checked by three different repair shops, two of which were Honda shops. I had them check and balance the tires, change the CV boot, to no avail. It still shakes, especially when I step on the gas. It is fine for a little while and than starts up again. It is also fine when I am not stepping on the gas and am just letting it coast. I am at a loss as to what is is. No one can seem to find the problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

Bruce Hunt

February, 20, 2007 AT 4:59 PM

Have the tires been rotated? What kind of driving environment are you in? Ie driving gravel roads, snowy conditions. Look at motor mounts, whether they are loose or worn.

angele82000

February, 20, 2007 AT 5:03 PM

Yes, I had the mechanic check the motor mounts and they are fine. The tires have also been rotated. I am driving the car in Colorado, so we have had lots of snow and more gravel on the roads then usual.

Bruce Hunt

February, 20, 2007 AT 5:06 PM

I mention the environment because snow, dirt, mud, etc can be on the wheel rim and throw the tires out of balance. Then it falls off and everything is normal. Is this a possibility for you?

angele82000

February, 20, 2007 AT 5:08 PM

I don't know, I have had this problem for about a month now. I had someone tell me it might be my axles? Thanks for your help!

Bruce Hunt

February, 20, 2007 AT 5:11 PM

It could be the axles but they would be constant and not variable in causing the problems. Wash the tires and rims on both sides and see how it drives.

angele82000

February, 20, 2007 AT 6:54 PM

Ok, I will try this. Thanks again.

CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Axle Seal Replacement