ROTOR REMOVAL

1995 Honda Accord

benny609

July, 9, 2009 AT 2:30 PM

Brakes problem
1995 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

How do I get the rotor off to put on a new one. There are no screws or bolts holding it a metal plate (that holds the lugs) that holds the rotor on. There is one big nut that holds the whole hub together. Did I have to take off this large nut or is the rotor just seized to the metal plate?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/379968_Rotor_1_1.jpg

F4I_guy

July, 9, 2009 AT 8:40 PM

You have to remove the whole steering knuckle. If I recall correctly there are bolts on the back that release the hub, then you can remove the rotor and bolt everything back up.

Spawn41890

August, 1, 2009 AT 2:38 PM

Im having the same issue with the removal of the rotor. I even have a haynes guide and it still isnt clear on it.

Docfixit

August, 1, 2009 AT 3:06 PM

Two ways to do this one remove lower ball joint, remove spindle from upper joint. Then with front hub remover press wheel bearing from hub. Then remove 4 bolts holding rotor to hub. Then press NEW bearings and hub back on. Or use a slide hammer the hub adapter hammer out rotor and hub outer bearing will come along too. Unbolt rotor replace. Ues slide hammer in reverse to start bearing into hub then use nut to tighten to spindle. If rotor salavageable got to shop have rotor turned on car.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy