ABS LIGHT IS ON

1995 Honda Accord

Djbay01

October, 11, 2010 AT 8:59 PM

Computer problem
1995 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

The SRS light is on. I know this is for the safety restraint system (air bag). Is there a scanner I can buy/use to scan the body control module to locate the fault code. How can I reset the light. The diagnostic connector is on the driver’s side under the panel on the right of the steering wheel. I know it is not a OBD II connection but I am not sure what type of connection it is.

October, 15, 2010 AT 9:49 AM

Hi Djbay01,

The one under the driver side is the Memory Erase Signal ( MES ) connector and is for resetting the SRS light.

The SCS is under the passenger side

RETRIEVING DTCS
Turn ignition off, connect SCS Service Connector (07PAZ-0010100) to service check connector( a paper clip would do). See Fig. 1 . Turn ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds, and then go off for 2 seconds. After 2 seconds, SRS indicator light will:

" Quickly flash on and off (no DTCs are set in memory), or
" Begin flashing DTCs

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_SRSComponent95AccordFig01_1.jpg

Djbay01

October, 18, 2010 AT 4:56 PM

I did the two wire connector on the left (drivers side) and after the two blinks the light comes on and stays on. I tried to look behide the glove compartment and didnt see a two wire connector. I saw and red connector and blue connector.

October, 19, 2010 AT 6:45 AM

The SCS is behind the glove box near the center console. It should be plugged into a green rubber socket. Next to it would be the DLC, a 3 pin connector. DO NOT use the 3 pin connector.

2 wire connector should be grey in color.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_SCS95Accord_11.jpg

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease