CAR DIED AT FREEWAY SPEEDS

1992 Honda Accord

bubbershrimp

October, 2, 2008 AT 11:38 AM

1992 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

Hey guys, Im new to the boards and I am having an issue with my accord. Its a 1992 accord. I have had a few occasions where it wouldnt fire up at all when I try to start it, but after 10 or so tries it starts up. Then yesterday, out of no where it dies on the freeway. I pulled over to the side, and after 10-15 tries is starts up and ran fine. It did that 3 seperate times on my drive home. When it dies, it doesnt slowly sputter out, it smoothly just goes off instantly. While it dies, all of my electrical components work fine (radio, lights, blinkers). So anyone have any ideas what could be causing my problem? One of my sensors, fuel filter, fuel pump? Also, it seems to idle very low (300 RPM's) and it seems to idle lower and nearly die occasionally when I turn on the AC

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

October, 2, 2008 AT 11:51 AM

Check the fuel pressure make sure its within specs with a fuel pressure gauge designed for your fuel system-if okay start testing the coil/ignition control module/distributor pick up coil